Table of Contents Hide
- What Are The Elements That Keep Marriage After Infidelity?
- Why People Need To Infidelity?
- How Many Percent Infidelity Is There in Marriage?
- What Should You Do After The Infidelity?
- 1. First Of All, You Need To Find Out The Truth
- 2. Think About Your Marriage And Decide What You Want To Do
- 3. Let Go Of Your Past Memories
- 4. Find Out What Are The Problems Of Your Relationship And Heal Them
- 5. Develop Your Communication Between Your Spouse
- 6. Spend More Time Together
- 7. Take Support From Therapists
How long does a marriage last after infidelity. This is the question everyone is asking themselves when their otherwise happy marriage seems to be turned upside down by an affair. Most people realize that probably not all marriages survive an affair. But since many marriages do survive, the question remains: how long does a marriage last after infidelity?
American Psychological Association showed that among married couples who experienced infidelity but then underwent couples therapy, 53% were divorced after 5 years. However, it is important to note that this study was conducted with couples who were in therapy and were at high risk of divorce. So while this study may be representative of the group as a whole, it’s not a good representation of all marriages which experience infidelity. Different studies have shown different results for how long does a marriage last after infidelity.
What Are The Elements That Keep Marriage After Infidelity?
In general, the most important elements of a successful marriage after infidelity are:
- A strong commitment to working through the issue and improving communication in the relationship.
- The ability to forgive each other and move on from the event.
- The support of friends, family members and professionals in working through the issue.
- The ability to recognize that infidelity is often a symptom of deeper issues within the relationship (such as communication problems) rather than an isolated event.
- The ability to overcome the resulting anger, resentment and hurt feelings.
- The ability to rebuild trust in each other and rebuild the relationship as a whole.
- The ability to work through any underlying issues that may have contributed to the infidelity.
Why People Need To Infidelity?
Infidelity is a topic that’s been discussed for decades. It’s something that can be damaging on so many levels. From the emotional, to the physical and mental.
It’s no secret that infidelity has been around for years, with some people even going as far as to say it’s existed since the dawn of time.
But why is it that so many people are unfaithful? Why is it that they feel they need to cheat in order to satisfy their needs?
There are a number of reasons why people choose to cheat on their partners. Some of these include:
- They’re not happy in their relationship.
- Communication problems are the most common reason for infidelity. Individuals who have poor communication skills in their relationship are more likely to be unfaithful than those who have healthy communication skills with their partner.
- They have low self-esteem and believe they aren’t good enough for anyone else other than their current partner.
- They feel like they’ve been taken for granted by their current partner and don’t know how else to make them realise how much they mean to them apart from cheating on them!
- Control issues play a big role in why people cheat on their partners. In some cases, one partner may feel like they have lost control of their marriage because they are not getting what they want, while in other cases it may be because they feel like they need more attention and affection from their spouse.
- Being too stressed out or overwhelmed by life’s circumstances.
- Feeling disconnected from their spouse or believing that they aren’t good enough for them
How Many Percent Infidelity Is There in Marriage?
Infidelity is defined as sexual relations between a married person and a person who is not their spouse. The idea that someone would cheat on their partner can be a hard pill to swallow, and it’s even more difficult when you consider how widespread the problem is.
A recent study found that 35% of married couples are impacted by infidelity at some point in their marriage, while 52% of those marriages ended due to an affair.
The study also found that 90% of people who reported being unfaithful said they had regrets, while 60% said they were unhappy with the experience.
What Should You Do After The Infidelity?
1. First Of All, You Need To Find Out The Truth
The first thing you need to do after the infidelity is to find out the truth. You need to know if your spouse is cheating on you and if there are any chances of reconciliation in the future. If he or she has been unfaithful, then there are high chances that they will repeat this behavior in future as well. So, it is better for you to know about their affair and take necessary steps accordingly rather than staying with them for wrong reasons.
2. Think About Your Marriage And Decide What You Want To Do
Infidelity is devastating, and the aftermath can be just as painful. It’s important to think about your marriage and decide what you want to do.
You may have been married for years, but if you’re in a relationship with someone who has cheated on their spouse, it’s important to consider that you may be next on the list. Before you decide whether or not to stay, consider the following:
Is this person worth saving? If your partner has cheated once, they’re likely to do it again. If you love them enough to forgive them for their past indiscretions, then you should also love them enough not to stay with them if they cheat on you too.
Are you willing to leave everything behind? If you decide that your partner isn’t worth saving and want to end your relationship, there’s no going back. You’ll need the help of an attorney if there are children involved or if property needs dividing up. You’ll also need time away from each other so that both of you can heal emotionally before deciding if this relationship is worth another try or not.
3. Let Go Of Your Past Memories
If you decide to continue your marriage you should let go of your past memories. After finding out about your spouse’s affair, you will start thinking about your past memories with them and how much happier that time was compared to now. This can make you feel very sad and depressed but it is important for you not to give up hope completely because there are chances that things may change once again in future if both of you work hard towards making things right between each other once again!
4. Find Out What Are The Problems Of Your Relationship And Heal Them
After the infidelity and decide to continue your marriage you should find out what are the problems of your relationship and heal them.
It is not a secret that people cheat because of lack of love and attention from their partners. So if this was the reason for your spouse to cheat, you have to make sure that he or she gets all the love, attention and respect he/she needs from you. You must put aside all your differences and work on your relationship to make it stronger than ever.
When people come together in a relationship they think that everything will be perfect but it is not always like that. In fact, many times we don’t even realize how much we need each other until something goes wrong.
The problem is that after someone cheats on us we tend to believe that our partner doesn’t care about us anymore and there is no way back. But this is not true at all! If we want our marriage to work we need to give it another chance and start working on ourselves first so we can learn how to communicate better with our partner and understand his/her needs better than before.
5. Develop Your Communication Between Your Spouse
If you want to heal your marriage after the infidelity, you should develop your communication with your spouse. You can have a better relationship by opening up to each other, and you can do it by following these tips.
- Share your feelings. If you are feeling sad or angry, share it with your spouse. It is not easy to do this but it is important for your relationship that you do it. Communication is the key to any relationship and if you want yours to work out, then you should be able to communicate with each other about how you feel about things.
- Listen when your spouse talks about what happened during their affair. If they want to tell their side of the story, then listen carefully and don’t interrupt them as they tell their story so that they know that they can say whatever they want without judgment from you or anyone else for that matter because no one knows what happened except for them and their lover who betrayed them by sleeping with them while they were still married and committed to only them!
- Don’t blame each other for the affair going on in the first place since it wasn’t either one’s fault but rather just something that happened due to bad timing, bad circumstances and/or bad choices made by both people involved!
6. Spend More Time Together
The best way to heal your marriage after the infidelity is to spend more time together.
You can’t put a price on quality time with your spouse. It’s the one thing that will help you both keep your relationship strong and healthy.
And it doesn’t have to be expensive or complicated. It can be as simple as having dinner together every night, or going for walks in the park, or just sitting quietly together at home and watching TV.
The bottom line is that you need to spend time together doing whatever you both enjoy doing — not just talking about problems and issues (though those can be part of it).
7. Take Support From Therapists
If you want to save your marriage after the infidelity, take support from therapists.
Therapists can help you and your spouse talk about what happened, how it happened and what you can do to move forward. They offer guidance and support as you work through painful emotions and make tough decisions.
The process of healing from infidelity is not easy. You may feel angry, hurt, confused and betrayed by the person who was supposed to love you unconditionally. A therapist can help you process these feelings so they don’t eat away at your marriage or cause further damage.
Some couples are able to heal without outside help. Others find that it’s helpful to attend therapy sessions together or with a counselor who specializes in relationship issues.
That’s all for now from the “How Long Does A Marriage Last After Infidelity?” content prepared by Victoria Milan for you! If you are looking for more content like this, you can visit our blog and stay tuned.
Also, Victoria Milan is the best casual dating site that you can find someone. It’s the perfect place for you if you’re looking for a discreet affair or just want to have some fun on the side. With 10 million users, modern design, and unique features, Victoria Milan offers you the best user experience. %100 anonymous and you can see online users on the homepage and start a quick chat. Or you can easily find the perfect partner with filtering options. In addition, registration at Victoria Milan is free. Find a partner easily and quickly with Victoria Milan. Just click to register to Victoria Milan.